Thursday, August 17, 2017

Momlife Means Busylife

I have been using the hashtags: #momlife, #boymom #busymom quite frequently these days.  But what does that really mean? 

You never really stop, stop for yourself or stop to cherish and be present in the moment.  With two kids who are active, working fulltime as a school principal and taking on more because my husband works full time and works 70 miles a way one way that is enough to keep one busy. I could go on and add many other things to make this description better or busier but you get the idea.   These are not negatives but rather all parts to the life that I have and currently am building and I wouldn't change it for the world.

#momlife


This refers to my childrearing activities!  HA that is fancy talk for my daily grind with my own kids.  It means keeping my kids and myself to a schedule so that I don't accidentally forget to get my kids ready for school, keep an appointment that was made 6 months prior, to manage my kids activity calendar but make unscheduled free time for them to just learn to be kids and use their imagination. It also means enjoying special moments or conversations and stopping to savor those moments.  Watching your kids grow and have special twinkles in their eye when excited about something or seeing the confidence building with activities and coach/player interactions, or watching the independence find its way to your child's repertoire are many of the rewards that #momlife provides! 

Don't get me wrong this hashtag is also used with snarky or sarcastic tones as well!  For example when I have to drop things at work or my own time investments in me such as getting my hair done or reading a book, to address a child broken arm or the emergency of the moment such as needing help to tie a child's shoes, or working through a frustrating moment with my son helping to problem solve but increase abilities to work through life lessons.  #momlife is just that!

#boymom


Oh wow! A few descriptors:  dirt, noise, laughter, loud,  wrestling, physically active, tough on things, trucks, cars, superheroes and more.

These are just a few of the descriptions I refer to when thinking of being a #boymom.  I have two boys each a bit different from each other but both who love the outdoors, being right, arguing their point, wrestling, watching TV, playing video games, making boy noises when playing with cars, trucks, guns and more.   They enjoy each other, they disagree with each other.  They burp, they fart, they laugh. I enjoy it all and at times get annoyed by it.  That being said I am not so sure what I would do if I had a girl.  I fear there would be too much drama, though I might have a shopping buddy from time to time.  Being a #boymom is such an experience that changes daily.  It is being a referee, it is being a communicator, being physical and active with them and helping them to shape their ideas of being a human being in our world.  It is attending soccer practices, carting kids to and from activities, and standing in the rain! It means constant cleaning in the house, and providing reminders to keep their muck boots in the garage as opposed to inside the house.  It also means teaching them through modeling of behavior how to be respectful and responsible.  I am sure I am forgetting a lot about being a #boymom but that is because I slept with the window cracked open so the boys could sleep in a two person tent for the past few days and I didn't sleep much. (Get my drift?)

#busymom

Well this hashtag just speaks for itself.  The most common statement or question (I suppose) I receive from others is, "I don't know how you manage it all!"  "How do you do it?"  Well you just do! There is no way to really explain how I do it all, except I just feel there is no other choice.  That my kids, husband and work are my life and that I add other things to be helpful  to better my community, or do something that I am passionate about and yes I forget myself at times. I need to be better about that, keeping my routines for work outs, keeping my girl dates, and investing in me.  However, I am not complaining because I love being a mom, being a mom tot boys and being busy.  Some of my best work is due to being busy, and being a great multitasker!

I wrote this from my "mom" perspective because that is who I am and my experience, I am sure this can translate to others like "dad's" or anyone so whatever your hashtag description you use keep on keeping on!





No comments:

Post a Comment