Thursday, May 24, 2012

CARS vs. Toy Story

Well Cars (the Disney Pixar movie) won!

Birthday Party for year 2 was built around the Cars theme.  For my two year old Cars was the best movie ever for.  He loved it!  So of course we celebrated with Cars theme.  Here's what we came up with.

 Again with home made cupcakes. Of course purchased cup cake toppers.  Kids liked them and they were plastic cars and some sugar tops to eat.  I make this Lightening McQueen cake, piped it and everything. I even made a practice cake LOL.


 Purchased the table cloth, banners and coordinating paper plates and napkins. Streamers for the ceiling but they were of the black and white checkered flags and there you go!


 This is the best picture of the cake (above)... and below is my two year old eating a healthy snack before the party begins!


This was only the second birthday party that I had planned several years ago and really the creative juices had not begun flowing to the extent they are now! My husband would probably prefer the way it was which was go pick up the party supplies and throw the party pretty simple huh?  Instead of paying attention to the minor details that I spend an inordinate amount of time doing.  It is fun !


No comments:

Post a Comment