Thursday, April 11, 2013

Bon Appetit !

Dessert Chair


This year I have been chairing the dessert silent auction tables for my son's school auction. It has been fun to procure items to be placed on the table and work with our decorations committee to come up with a beautiful display for the many items we have.

I am very excited to complete the burlap bunting I am making.  I have this idea for the burlap bunting to hang over the tables with the statement Bon Appetit!  Here's a few instructions on how I went about making this item.

First I grabbed cardboard bunting cutouts from our local craft store Craft Warehouse.  I have six inch wide burlap. I needed scissors, Elmer's glue adhesive  and a place to work.



Next I took the spray adhesive and sprayed the cardboard bunting cutout completely and covered the burlap over one side.  I folded the burlap over the top flat straight edge of the cutout and sprayed adhesive on the other side. Let it dry for a few minutes and completed that for the number of bunting pieces you desire.  For me it was the same number to fit the needs of the saying.  Notice I purchased the cardboard cutouts that already had prepunched holes at the top.  This is going to allow me to have even spacing when I thread the ribbon, twine or whatever I choose to hand this bunting with.

 
 
Have I told you all how much I truly love creating things with my Silhouette Cameo machine?  Well I do. So here's what I did the next step. I downloaded a font that I loved off of freefonts.com and uploaded that font into my Silhouette software.  Then I typed into the silhouette software the letters and sizing that I felt to be appropriate with the size of the bunting.  I had stencils cut out with the machine.  I used the stencils and silhouette fabric paint to paint the letters on individual bunting triangles.
 
 

 
 
 




 
 
Once completed I will show you how I strung it together and hung it at the auction.  I have to letter the back side and add the shabby chic white flowers for a little pizazz! A little more work to go but looking great!

No comments:

Post a Comment