Tuesday, February 14, 2012

LOVE FAITH HOPE

Valentine's Day has become a Hallmark Holiday for Byron and I. We choose not to celebrate it really other than to say "Happy Valentine's Day" in addition to the words we say daily and sometimes multiple times during a day "I LOVE YOU!" Whenever we are asked how we will celebrate Valentine's day and we provide our response... we don't have anything planned, or don't do anything for each other there is a stare of disbelief pointed right at us. But it is true we really haven't and don't put lots of efforts into celebrating this particular holiday. However this year because we have kids and I want them to enjoy the holiday and learn about giving we have embarked upon a few homemade crafts that will decorate our home.
I have been wanting to get back to being creative or crafty. I chose to make for my own decoration this felt styrofoam heart wreath pictured above. I being a pinterest addict have had the creative juices flowing because of all the wonderful ideas I have found there or repined. This was one such project! Though I have deviated from the directions found on the link to the original project I have enjoyed taking the time for myself and enjoyed working at this project for a few days when I find time. It really helps me to unwind. It won't be up for Valentine's day (today) because it is not completed. But the project will be finished soon enough and I will be proud of my handy work. Ty and I spent some time this past weekend working on a project of our own for Byron. The idea of course stolen from pinterest pins. But I love it. Ty and I painted his hands, thumbs and feet with gold glitter acrylic paint and pressed them onto the piece of poster board I purchased. I then wrote the words ACT, LOVE and WALK and finally wrote the words justly, mercifully, and humbly. We framed it and will give it to Byron tonight when he arrives home. Take a look!
Let us not forget our little guy Caleb! We have a few things to complete on his work of art! I had painted his feet and stamped them onto a piece of card stock paper. I will embroider around the feet making a heart shape and write his name at the bottom of the piece. Finally I will frame it. Since we don't have the finished project yet I will post that picture at a later date! So much fun we had creating these projects to give to each other. So much fun I had documenting the time and growth of my children in a creative way. I did get a bug in my bonnet to show Byron that I do love him on a daily basis. So I bought a frame and put the sticker words I love you because:...... on the glass. This morning I filled in the blank with a red water based pen. I am going to find a place to hang this probably in our bathroom or somewhere in our bedroom. Each day we can write to each other another reason we love each other. What a great reminder, surprise and way to share our love for each other. Well with that and all the mushy stuff... Happy Valentine's Day Ya'll! May you find simple pleasures and ways to share your love not only today but everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment