Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fourth of July Party

Party in the USA!


Fourth of July I had nothing really planned.  But we threw together a small BBQ with a few friends and family.  It was realatively easy. Not too much planning because it was a throw together party! Sometimes those are the best. No over thinking, everyone pitches in and it somehow pulls together. 

The weather was great! That was a slight worry of ours since the day before it was cold and rainy and we actually wore jeans and sweat shirts.  But really the weather was perfect even with a slight breeze. BBQ was comprised of hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, fruit salad, corn on the cob, watermelon kabobs (circle and star shaped made with cookie cutters), chips and dip and many different beverages.  I even found The Pop Shoppe old school cream soda, orange soda, lime rickey soda and cola bottles. They seemed to be a hit.

Of course we ended the celebration with fireworks.  I shop at Costco so I purchased the $49.99 package of fire works that had 65 fountain fireworks to light off.  Take a look.










Dressing for the occassion


Each year I purchase a red, white and blue t-shrit (cheap ones from Old Navy) for each memeber of my family (my husband, myself and my two boys).  We wear those on the Fourth of July!  So this is what we looked like this year.  Unfortunately we were unable to get a full on family photo but maybe next time.  I always find it hard to get photo's of myself since I am the one taking the pictures and when I do someone forgets to tell me that my hair is awry or they don't zoom in. But I am working on training my husband and then asking others to take all family photos.






All in all it was a great day, we celebrated had great company, dealt with a little bit of four year old attitude but enjoyed it none the less.




1 comment:

  1. Great fireworks. Next time I'm at your place I can take photos of you and the kids and a family photo as well if we can get everyone in one spot at the same time!

    ReplyDelete