Monday, April 30, 2012

Something That Makes Me Sad #photoadayApril

#photoadayApril Day 30!


Today is the last day of April.  I think I missed yesterday's photo which was "circles" I know I took a snapshot with my phone but it wasn't worth posting. The other day that I missed was the day where the subject was "somewhere I went" I went a few places that day and took a snapshot with my phone of the Brew Fest beer glass but never posted that either.  So maybe in May I will do better with this challenge. OMG that is tomorrow!  Never the less there are  a few things that make me sad. Like this morning when I woke up to wet pavement again (RAIN) ugh. Really tired of it. Stepping on the scale this morning after a "party" weekend double ugh ugh!  But as I thought more and more, here's what really saddens me.....


Every night my son and I read The Butter Battle Book by Dr. Seuss! It was read to me when I was young and because I L.O.V.E Dr. Seuss books we read them religiously in our household.  For those of you who don't know this book, it is about two different towns that "battle" over who eats bread with butter spread the correct way.  As with most "wars" it is a difference of opinion. My way is RIGHT and yours is WRONG.  This book though it is written to address a younger population it depicts situations that our governments and nations go through when entering into war.  I am saddened by the theme that continues to be perpetuated.  

When my son and I read this we discuss (of course at a four year old level) the theme of sharing, right and wrong, hurting others, and what is appropriate and inappropriate behavior when we don't care for something others care for.  This book continues to enrich our lives. Thank you Dr. Seuss!

Can't we all just get along?

No comments:

Post a Comment